What comparisons can be found between the GCU Mission and Domains/CON Mission and Program Competencies (for your selected specialty track, links located in the Course Materials) with the AACN’s Essentials for Master’s Education for Advanced Practice Nursing (link located in the Week 1 Topic Materials)? Explain your rational.
According to this week’s lecture note, The Evolution of the Nursing Profession and Discipline , Baker stated that nursing is not a profession in progress. The article then states that after licensure that nursing enter into a profession. What are your thoughts on these statements in relation to your specialty track of study? Do you consider nursing as an established profession or a profession in progress with consideration of all aspects of the article?
Name one recommendation from the IOM Future of Nursing Report. What is its importance relative to Advanced Practice Nursing? Support your answer.
1. Advanced practice nursing: Essential Knowledge for the Profession
Read Chapters 1-3 and 18.
2. Theoretical Basis for Nursing
Read Chapter 1.
1. The APRN Consensus Model
Read “APRN Consensus Model,” located on the NCSBN website.
2. The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice
Study “The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice,” located on the American Association of Colleges of Nursing website.
3. The Essentials of Master’s Education for Advanced Practice Nursing
Study “The Essentials of Master’s Education for Advanced Practice Nursing,” located on the American Association of Colleges of Nursing website.
4. The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health
Read “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advocating Health,” located on the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine website.
Read the IOM report “The future of nursing: Leading change, advocating health,” located on the Institute of Medicine’s website.
1. American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Explore the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners website.
2. American Nurses Association
Explore the American Nurses Association website.
3. American Organization of Nurse Executives
Explore the American Organization of Nurse Executives website.
4. National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
Explore the National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists website.
5. National Council of State Boards of Nursing
Explore the National Council of State Boards of Nursing website.
6. National League for Nursing
Explore the National League for Nursing website.