GC SOC 100 Week 2 Social Media and Socialization Survey and Analysis
Social Media and Socialization Survey and Analysis Details:
Part 1 – Survey
Instructions: Complete the survey by filling in the first column of the table below. Additionally, survey three people in various age groups, and note their responses in the corresponding columns. Use this data to complete the analysis in Part 2 of this worksheet.
|Social media survey||Self||Interviewee # 1||Interviewee # 2||Interviewee # 3|
|List Demographic Information – age, sex, race/ethnicity, and income.|
|What type(s) of phone(s) do you have? What features? Daily usage?|
|Do you use email? How many email addresses do you have? Daily usage?|
|Do you use the Internet? Why? Daily usage?|
|Do you blog? What types of blogs? Why? Daily usage?|
|Do you use Facebook? Twitter or other social networking? Why? Daily usage?|
|Out of all the social interactions you typically have in an average day, what percentage are through the use of social media?|
|Do you value the social interactions you have through social media the same as those that are not through social media? Why or why not?|
|Why do you use social media? (List purpose and/or results.)|
|How do you see social media impacting your life? Society?|
|How do you see social media impacting the socialization of this generation?|
Social Media and Socialization Survey and Analysis Part 2 – Analysis
Instructions: Once you have completed the table above and reviewed the results, answer the questions below. Each response should be three to five sentences in length.
- ) How much of an impact does social media have on the socialization of people that completed the survey?
- ) How did the impact differ among the various age groups? Why do you think that this is the case? Explain.
- ) Explain how social media affected the people’s social interaction. Why is social interaction important to humans? Explain.
GC SOC 100 Week 1 Discussion 1 Latest
- Explain how experience shapes one’s attitude toward cultural diversity. Give examples.
GC SOC 100 Week 1 Discussion 2 Latest
- Regarding the pioneers in sociology from Module 1, which theorists do you think have the most relevance for today? How do you see their theories being applied today? Give examples.
GC SOC 100 Week 2 Discussion 1 Latest
- Some typical agents of socialization are: family, school, religion, friends, relatives, and mass media. What agents of socialization have influenced you the most? Describe their influence on your attitudes, beliefs, values, or other orientations to life. How have they made you the person that you are today?
GC SOC 100 Week 2 Discussion 2 Latest
- The major components of social structure are culture, social class, social status, roles, groups, and social institutions. Use social structure to explain why some Americans have such a low rate of college graduation. (See Table 9.3, Race-Ethnicity and Education, on page
GC SOC 100 Week 3 Discussion 1 Latest
- How do group dynamics impact today’s workplace? Does corporate culture and leadership come into play? How so? Discuss.
GC SOC 100 Week 3 Discussion 2 Latest
- View the videos “Classic Studies in Psychology” on the Milgram studies in the GCU Library. Cut and paste the following URL into your browser.
Scroll down to videos 12, 13, 14, and 15: “Justification?” “Milgram’s Study of Obedience,” “The Results,” and “Milgram’s Conclusions.” Review the story in the text in Chapter 5.
Stanley Milgram’s classic experiment of obedience focuses on social control and social conformity. Review Milgram’s experiment. If you were King or Queen of your kingdom, what behaviors would you classify as deviant? How would you make your populace obey and conform? Think about it and formulate a response.
GC SOC 100 Week 4 Discussion 1 Latest
- What are some ways in which our American culture stratifies people? See how long of a list you can come up with. Why do societies stratify? What do you think are the functions of stratification?
GC SOC 100 Week 4 Discussion 2 Latest
- How do we in the United States measure social mobility? How does social class and life chance play out in social mobility? Where do you see yourself 10 years from now regarding your place in society? Why?
GC SOC 100 Week 5 Discussion 1 Latest
- Evaluate the positive and negative effects of Affirmative Action in the United States. Target current issues, trends, and demographics.
GC SOC 100 Week 5 Discussion 2 Latest
Discuss the concept of equality. Do you see equality happening in our society? Why or why not? Describe your personal observations of inequality.
GC SOC 100 Week 6 Discussion 1 Latest
What global forces are affecting the U.S. economy and politics? How do those global forces affect your own life? Discuss.
GC SOC 100 Week 6 Discussion 2 Latest
Does “Gene Simmons Family Jewels” depict a typical U.S. family? Why or why not? What is going on with the American family today? What historical events have played a role in shaping U.S. family life? What do you see for the future of the U.S. family? How do religion and education impact the future of the U.S. family?
GC SOC 100 Week 7 Discussion 1 Latest
How has technology affected your life? Be specific as to what changes, and in what ways.
GC SOC 100 Week 7 Discussion 2 Latest
Do you believe the long-term consequences of increased technological dependence are going to be good or bad? Explain. How do you see technology’s effect on society 20 years from now?