HCA 545 Module 2 Role of Governance in Health Care Organizations
Write a paper (1,000-1,250 words) on the concept of governance within a health care organization. Address the following:
1) Corporate structure and how it impacts the effectiveness of governance.
2) Various roles of governance within the organizations and how they should interact within a team setting.
3) Concerns to consider when developing and strengthening a team culture. For example:
a) Team members working independently or at cross-purposes.
b) “Turf battles” that can slow or impede the accomplishment of project purposes.
c) The tone of meetings and interactions that can be seen as negative, manipulative, directive, and/or secretive.
d) Failure to properly apply governance concepts.
e) A discussion of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and its impact on governance and senior management.
4) Prepare this Role of Governance in Health Care Organizations assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
5) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the Role of Governance in Health Care Organizations assignment.
HCA 545 Module 2 DQ 1
In team building, discuss ways in which you develop a team and set an objective/mission, and discuss how and why you would develop a team and what would you do at the conclusion of the mission. Why is it important to define each team member’s role and responsibility? Should all team members be involved in all project activities, meetings, and discussions?
HCA 545 Module 2 DQ 2
Regarding the importance of team building retreats and/or training sessions, discuss the effectiveness of those you have been involved in. What effect did they have on your performance and attitudes in the short run and the long run? Did they fulfill their stated objectives? Did they fulfill your expectations?
Role of Governance in Health Care Organization Grand Canyon University: HCA-545
The concept of governance within a health care organization must be well design and welcome cooperation (Berger, 2011). When those that make policies can understand how to apply cooperative regulatory structure in healthcare setting it is noted that self-interest is not the only way of motivating positive behavior. The concept of governance spells out who is responsible for ensuring and providing support and services to all members needing health resources (Berger, 2011).
The structure of a healthcare organization can have a huge impact on how effective governance will be (Johnson, 2009). Policies makers must remember when outlining external motivations, like money, will decrease the value of internal motivations. The ability of policies makers to introduce positive self-interested behavior when needed without crowding out internal cooperative motivations is a sign of a well structure governance system (Dowton, 2011).
Within a health care organization there are many layers to include health boards in hospital governance. Corporate governance is a complex arranged of processes, policies, regulations, laws, organizational structures, people, and customs (Dowton, 2011). Each of these entity must establish a relationship in order to work toward a common goal that ensures the quality, accountability and…