Throughout this course you will be developing drafts of various sections of the research proposal that is due in Week 10. The drafts serve as an opportunity to address feedback from faculty as you prepare the proposal. The activities leading to the development of the research proposal are provided below.
Week 3 (W3A2) Introduction
• Background and Significance of Problem • Statement of the Problem and Purpose of the Study
Research Question, Hypothesis and Variables with Operational Definitions
Week 4 (W4A2) Literature Review
• Summary of the Evidence for the Proposed Study
Week 5 (W5A2) Theoretical Framework
• Overview and Guiding Propositions(s) Described in Theory • Application of Theory to Your Study’s/Project’s Focus
Week 6 (W6A2) Methodology
• Sample/Setting: Number and criteria for inclusion and description of place in which data will be collected. • Sampling Strategy • Research design: Type (e.g., Quasi-Experimental), description and rationale for selection
Week 7 (W7A2) Methodology
• Extraneous Variables (and plan for how controlled). • Instruments: Description, validity and reliability estimates, which have been performed (on a pre-established measure).
Include plans for testing validity and reliability of generating your own instrument(s). • Description of the Intervention • Data Collection Procedures
Week 8 (W8A2) Methodology
• Data Analysis Plans o Describe plan for data analysis for demographic variables (descriptive statistical tests). o Describe plan for data analysis of study variables (descriptive and inferential statistical tests).
Week 9 (W9A2) Ethical Issues
• Informed Consent Letter; IRB Application
Week 10 (W10A2) • Final Research Proposal (see below)
Week 11 • Research Proposal PowerPoint Presentation
Page 1 of 3 NSG6101 Nursing Research Methods
©2014 South University Online
NSG6101 Research Project Guidelines
Week 10: Assignment 2: Research Proposal (Use Required Template) The final project for NSG6101 consists of the development of a novel research proposal specific to your role specialization. The project must include an intervention appropriate to nursing practice and consistent with your MSN role option. An alternative to the above includes the selection of a specialty organization to focus research proposals based on the priorities of that organization. Examples of these organizations could include (but are not limited to): Sigma Theta Tau International, American Nurses’ Foundation, Oncology Nursing Society, Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, American Psychiatric Nursing Association, American Association of Critical Care Nurses, National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates and Practitioners, National League For Nursing, etc. This paper is to be developed in APA format/style using the outline below as level headings and not to exceed 15 pages (excluding title page/references/appendices). Criteria: Introduction