Topic: Tactical Planning (Continued)
Benchmark – Strategic Planning: Action Plan
Use your completed strategy map to formulate functional-level strategy for the primary business functions included in your plan. Functional-level strategies are the action plans used by departments within organizations to support the execution of business-level strategy at the managerial level. Create a 500-750 word action plan that addresses the following:
- Identify which management tactics and strategies you will implement to meet your strategic goals for each of the stakeholders, departments, or business functions impacted by your plan: MBO, MBM, single-use or standing plans, competitive advantage, contingency planning, building scenarios, crisis planning, and innovation.
- Provide an explanation of how you will apply managerial decision-making methods throughout your action plan.
- Which business functions will be impacted by your action plan? What tactics will you use to manage implementation across business functions? What can you do to enhance collaboration/cross-functionality to ensure the success of your plan?
- Identify leadership strategies you plan to implement throughout the execution of your action plan. In particular, explain which strategies you would implement to foster team collaboration among the multiple stakeholders who must collaborate to successfully implement the plan. Why do you think these will be successful?
Read Chapters 9 and 12 in Management. Review Chapters 7 and 8.
2. Southwest Airlines: In a Different World
Review Harvard Business School (HBS) case reprint, “Southwest Airlines: In a Different World”(2013).
1. (How) Does the HR Strategy Support an Innovation Oriented Business Strategy? An Investigation of Institutional Context and Organizational Practices in Indian Firms
Read “(How) Does the HR Strategy Support an Innovation Oriented Business Strategy? An Investigation of Institutional Context and Organizational Practices in Indian Firms,” by Fang and Saini, from Human Resource Management (2010).