NUR 752 Assignment 5.1: Creating Shared Project Timelines
Haux (2006) makes it clear that new Hospital Information Systems (HIS) are urgently needed for reorganizing health care in an aging society, with the ability to be prepared to effectively use enterprise data, reporting, and analytics. For the future, the first need is strategies for institutional and (inter-)national guidelines to move forward on new HIS; the second need is to develop new trans-institutional HIS frameworks (architectures); and the third need is for education in health informatics, including knowledge and skills on HIS (Haux, 2006).
As a DNP leader, you will need to be prepared to manage projects to help guide organizations, be they local or (inter-)national in this movement to new and improved HIS. The goal of the assignment is to ensure your competency in creating shared project timelines.
As a DNP student and leader in your local healthcare community, your mentor has asked you to form a team of three (or four) DNP students to share information with other DNP students. Your mentor desires that you present an example of a DNP plan of study so that others in your community can learn about the process. Your mentor wants the plan to include multiple examples to lend power and variety to the presentation.
You will work individually and in assigned groups to complete this assignment. Select the People link in the Course Navigation. Then, select the Project Groups tab to locate your group.
Part I: Creating Individual Data
(Complete by Thursday—No Submission)
- Before you begin to create your individual visual timeline, get in touch as a group to coordinate your visual presentation (for example, colors).
- Using Excel or Google Sheets, create a visual timeline (a Gantt chart) for your own current DNP plan of study. You will find your individual Plan of Study in MyOnline.
Part II: Combining Data
- Use Google Sheets to combine your team’s timelines. You should have three (or four PRN) separate sheets (tabs) in one Google spreadsheet file, with one timeline on each separate sheet (tab).
- Share this spreadsheet with your instructor, giving them the ability to make comments on the sheet.
Group Roles and Responsibilities
It is crucial that you and your teammates have a clear understanding of who is responsible for which aspects of this team assignment. A few roles have been identified as essential for the work in this assignment.
- The Document Manager creates the shared Google Sheet, provides access to the teammates and instructor, and takes primary responsibility for changes based on the team’s collaboration.
- The Submitter completes the final edits, verifies with all team members that the assignment is ready for the instructor’s review, then submits the team’s work.
- The Coordinator gathers the team’s contact information and coordinates the channel of communication that the team will use (for example, Canvas group discussion thread, email, Google Hangouts, text messaging, or similar).
You should decide how you will divide these responsibilities in your team’s designated thread below. It is expected that you apply your leadership skills to address any challenges that may come up within your group.
Use technology to create group conferences where you discuss your Gantt charts. (Canvas has this capability.)
- The Submitter should share and post one link address to the Google Sheet that contains your assignment in your group discussion thread for instructor evaluation. Title the post “Assignment Link Submission.”
- Make sure that the document has the proper permissions to enable your course instructors of NUR 752 to view and edit the material. Note: The instructor’s email is in @fsmail.bradley.edu and not in the G Suite organization where this item will reside. You will have to Share Anyway when it asks if you want to share outside of the organization.
Reference: Haux, R. (2006). Health information systems—past, present, future (Links to an external site.). International Journal of Medical Informatics 75(3–4), 268–281.
This assignment will be graded using the Creating Shared Project Timelines Rubric found in your syllabus. After your work has been graded, go to the gradebook to view instructor feedback.
Submit your assignment and review full grading criteria on the Assignment 5.1: Creating Shared Project Timelines page.
Week 5: Technology for Managing Projects
This week has one lesson: Timelines and the Use of the E-DRAP Framework. Activities include readings, a learning module, discussions, and a group assignment.
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our Verified MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS: NUR 752 Assignment 5.1: Creating Shared Project Timelines
Review a list of all items due this week in your course’s syllabus.
Lesson 1: Timelines and the Use of the E-DRAP Framework
In this lesson, you will continue your work as the DNP leader in your organization and discuss your CLABSI summary with the group. Utilizing the E-DRAP framework, you will evaluate your organization’s enterprise strategic plan. In addition, you will work in teams to create an electronically shared project timeline.
|Week 5 Creating Shared Project Timelines Rubric|
Link to Google Sheet
10 / 10 pts
10 / 10 pts
10 / 10 pts
|Total Points: 30|