NRS 415 CLC – Health Care Organization Evaluation
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
This assignment is to be completed in a group, which will be assigned by your instructor. The presentation will be submitted and graded as a group assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate a strategic plan as a means to assess readiness for change within a health care organization or network.
Research a health care organization or network within the United States (e.g., United Healthcare, Vanguard, Banner Health, Kaiser Permanente, Cleveland Clinic, etc.). Assess the readiness of the health care organization or network you have chosen to meet the health care needs of citizens in the next decade.
Prepare a 12-15-slide PowerPoint that summarizes your assessment of the organization and proposes a strategic plan to ensure readiness. Include the following:
- Identify the health care organization or network. Discuss the organization’s mission, vision, and values. Describe the types of services that this organization provides and the geographic areas it serves.
- Describe the organization’s overall readiness to improve care outcomes based on your findings.
- Analyze your selected organization’s strategic plan to determine to what extent it addresses issues pertaining to network growth, nurse staffing, resource management, and patient satisfaction.
- Examine how interprofessional collaboration and shared governance influence organizational culture and values.
- Identify a change management theory or model that could be used to support implementation of the strategic plan for this organization. Explain why this theory or model would be the best.
You are required to cite a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be appropriate for the assignment and relevant to nursing practice.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing Core Competencies for Professional Nursing Education
This assignment aligns to AACN Core Competencies 2.2, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3.