HLT 362V Module 4 ANOVA Excel Worksheet
Module 4 ANOVA Excel Worksheet HLT362V
SYSTOLIC BLOOD PRESSURE IN DIFFERENT AGE GROUPS
The following table contains a random sample of 40 women partitioned into three groups:
- Group 1: ages below 20
- Group 2: ages 20 through 40
- Group 3: ages over 40
The values in the table are the systolic blood pressure levels
The hypothesis test:
H1: at least one of the treatment means is different
Use the Excel Analysis ToolPak to create an Anova – Single Factor table. Is there sufficient evidence to support the claim that women in the different age categories have different mean blood pressure levels? Give reasons for your decision. Module 4 ANOVA Excel Worksheet
Module 4 ANOVA Excel Worksheet
HLT 362V Module 4 Exercise 36
- The researchers found a significant difference between the two groups (control and treatment) for change in mobility of the women with osteoarthritis (OA) over 12 weeks with the results of F(1, 22) 9.619, p 0.005. Discuss each aspect of these results.
- State the null hypothesis for the Baird and Sands (2004) study that focuses on the effect of the GI with PMR treatment on patients’ mobility level. Should the null hypothesis be rejected for the difference between the two groups in change in mobility scores over 12 weeks? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- The researchers stated that the participants in the intervention group reported a reduction in mobility difficulty at week 12. Was this result statistically significant, and if so at what probability?
- If the researchers had set the level of significance or = 0.01, would the results of p 0.001 still be statistically significant? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- If F(3, 60) 4.13, p 0.04, and = 0.01, is the result statistically significant? Provide a rationale for your answer. Would the null hypothesis be accepted or rejected?
- Can ANOVA be used to test proposed relationships or predicted correlations between variables in a single group? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- If a study had a result of F(2, 147) 4.56, p 0.003, how many groups were in the study, and what was the sample size?
- The researchers state that the sample for their study was 28 women with a diagnosis of OA, and that 18 were randomly assigned to the intervention group and 10 were randomly assigned to the control group. Discuss the study strengths and/or weaknesses in this statement.
- In your opinion, have the researchers established that guided imagery (GI) with progressive muscle relaxation (PMR) reduces pain and decreases mobility difficulties in women with OA?
- The researchers stated that this was a 12-week longitudinal, randomized clinical trial pilot study with 28 women over 65 years of age with the diagnosis of OA. What are some of the possible problems or limitations that might occur with this type of study?
HLT 362V Exercise 20
- Which patient scored the highest on the preoperative CVLT Acquisition? What was his or her T score?
- Which patient scored the lowest on postoperative CVLT Retrieval? What was this patient’s T score?
- Did the patient in Question 2 have more of a memory performance decline than average on the CVLT Retrieval? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- What is the mean ( ) and standard deviation (SD) for preoperative T score for CVLT Acquisition?
- Is the preoperative Retrieval T score for Patient 5 above or below the mean for the norm of the group? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Assuming that the distribution of the preoperative CVLT Retrieval T scores is normal, the middle 68% of the patients had T scores between what two values?
- Assuming that the distribution of scores for the postoperative CVLT Retrieval T scores is normal, the middle 68% of the patients had T scores between what two values?
- The researchers state that it appears that the functional integrity of the left temporal lobe, despite evidence of structural abnormality, plays a considerable role when it comes to memory outcomes following left ATL. Can the findings from this study be generalized to a larger population? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- If a patient had a raw score = 30, what would his/her postoperative CVLT Retrieval T score be?
- Did patients demonstrate more postoperative memory declines among CVLT Retrieval T scores than CVLT Acquisition T scores? Provide a rationale for your answer.