HCA 545 Module 7 Cultural Leadership Strategies
Cultural Leadership Strategies Details:
1) Write a paper (1,000-1,250 words) that compares and contrasts the strategies and applications of the dynamic cultural leadership model with the omnibus leadership model. An effective health care organization must be committed to improving the health of the community. Discuss how the following issues are addressed by each of the leadership models:
- a) Clarity of mission.
- b) Education of all organizational levels including governance.
- c) Workplace should reflect the community it serves.
- d) Organizational redesign to meet recently enacted Healthcare Reform.
- e) Cultivation of high-potential employees.
- f) Development of succession plans.
- g) Reduction of turnover.
- h) Processes to effectively implement new strategies.
- i) Gender, religious, ethnic, and racial differences.
2) Prepare this Cultural Leadership Strategies assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
3) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the Cultural Leadership Strategies assignment.
HCA 545 Module 8 Addressing Diversity
1) Providers must learn new tools to eliminate disparities, build trust with patients, and understand how international biases and pre-established stereotypes affect quality of care. Write a paper (1,000-1,250 words) that identifies and defines various tools and measurements that can be used to measure the effectiveness of diversity programs and policies established by the organization.
2) Address how each of the following must be considered when considering how to implement an environment of diversity:
a) Government regulations.
b) Social pressures.
c) Industry and company ethical codes.
d) Tension between personal standards and the goals of the organization.
3) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
4) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
What are the four cultural structures in health care organizations? How does each impact organizational behavior? How do they apply to your organization? How effectively does your organization address cultural styles and differences?
HCA 545 Module 7 DQ 2
Your text states that “Laissez-faire leadership is non-leadership, when the leader is perceived as being indifferent to follower actions and organizational outcomes” (page 340). Do you agree with this statement? In what situations might this actually be an effective style of leadership? When might this be an ineffective style of leadership?
HCA 545 Module 8 DQ 1
Do you think that a person who needs medical care would consider the religious type of hospital before being admitted and why? Does the way in which a health care facility addresses religion affect the outcomes of patient care?
HCA 545 Module 8 DQ 2
Review the case study “No African Americans Allowed — White Patient’s Racism Rules at Pennsylvanian Hospital” in chapter 13 of the textbook. What rights does the patient have in such a situation? Consider what effects might be the result of ignoring the patient’s request. As a leader of the organization, how would you handle such a situation?