For Week 6 of the course, there is no case study given to you by the faculty. Instead you will be creating a recorded presentation that demonstrates your understanding of a selected disease process. This presentation will be uploaded into the course via Kaltura (see course resource for directions).
Address the following Criteria:
1. Introduce the disease with a brief definition and description.
2. Discuss the Risk Factors and the connection to the Etiology of the initial injury to the cell/tissue/organ.
3. Discuss health care provider implications for prevention of the disease.
4. Show the progression from the initial injury to the defect in the tissue, organ and system functioning.
5. Link changes in the tissue, organ, and system functioning to the initial presenting signs and symptoms seen in primary care of the disease.
6. Provide a brief description of how the disease is diagnosed.
7. Provide a brief description of the pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions used to treat and manage the disease.
8. Summarizes the disease on final slide with concluding remarks; includes implication for nurse practitioner practice.
9. Utilizes at least two current (within 5 years), peer-review scholarly sources to support presentation content.
10. Reference slide and in-text citations depict references correctly cited according to APA.
· The presentation should include a PowerPoint presentation which will be recorded using the instructions located in the Course Resource section.
· The presentation should be no more than 15-20 minutes in recorded length.
· The presentation should contain appropriate evidence to support the information presented per APA format.
· Slides should be used as cues to topics and key concepts without lengthy sentences and paragraphs- reading information from slides is not professional and therefore not acceptable.
· Students need to demonstrate understanding and mastery of content by discussion style presentation.