ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO MEET THE COMPETENCES; PLS CHECK THE COMPEYENCES!
Prepare a 3–4 page report on a critical health issue in a community or state.
Describe the factors that contribute to the health issue and interventions that have been implemented. Explain the scope and role of nursing in the interventions, and recommend ways the scope of the interventions might be expanded.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Explain the factors that affect the health of communities.
- (IMPORTANT) -Explain the factors that contribute to a critical health care issue within a specific community.
- Competency 2: Apply evidence-based interventions to promote health and disease prevention and respond to community health issues.
- (IMPORTANT) -Describe current interventions to target a critical health care issue within a specific community.
- (IMPORTANT) -Describe the scope and role of nursing in current interventions that target a critical health care issue.
- (IMPORTANT) -Recommend evidence-based ways to expand the scope of interventions to target a critical health care issue.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations of a nursing professional.
- (IMPORTANT) -Describe a critical health care issue within a specific community.
- (IMPORTANT) -Write content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- (IMPORTANT) -Correctly format citations and references, using current APA style.
Suppose your organization is concerned about a number of health issues that have either affected an increased number of the residents in the community or show the probability of affecting a larger number of people in the population. Your organizational leaders have asked different health care professionals within the organization, including you, to examine the issues from your perspective, and to submit a report that includes evidence-based ways to address the issues.
You will first need to identify a critical health care issue in your community or state. You may choose either a public health issue, such as sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), measles, Lyme disease, asthma, et cetera; or a community health issue, such as uncontrolled diabetes, congestive heart disease, 30-day readmission, et cetera.
Then, look in the Capella library and on the Internet for statistics and peer-reviewed or professional resources to use in preparing your report.
Format this assessment as a professional report. It may help to look at reports or other documents used within your organization and to follow that formatting. You must still follow APA guidelines for in-text citations and references, and include a title page and reference page.