CMP 105 Week 4 Case Study: Telehealth
Introduction To Informatics (Nursing): Case Study: Telehealth
Case Study on Telehealth Assignment
This assignment is intended to demonstrate your comprehension of how using efficient eHealth tools and expert system applications assists health professionals in decision-making.
For this assignment, you will read a case study that describes the steps taken to help an elderly woman remain independent in the comfort of her own home. Based on the scenario described in the case study, you will create a set of interview questions to ask the Telehealth Director.
Perform the following tasks:
- · Complete the reading assignment and the interactive lesson before attempting this assignment.
- · To complete this assignment:
- · Read the case study located in the Assignment Worksheet section below.
- · Assume the role as the Public Relations Director for Purple Cross of North Carolina.
- · The CEO requests that you interview the Telehealth Director about the use of Telehealth with Mrs. Smith. The CEO requests that you create one thought-provoking question for each of the following topic areas:
- · Meeting the health needs of Mrs. Smith
- · Decision-making process for technology selected for Mrs. Smith
- · Benefits and risks in using Telehealth technology for Mrs. Smith
- · Cost and staff involved in using Telehealth technology for Mrs. Smith
· Note: Your questions must be original; not copied or modified from any source, including your textbook. Your questions cannot simply rephrase the above criteria.
· For each question, the CEO requires that you provide your rationale. Describe how the question will yield a thorough response, and not simply a “yes” or “no” answer.
· Any cited sources to support your rationale statements must be identified, using APA formatting.
· Prior to submission, review your responses to ensure that they contain no spelling or grammatical errors.
· Submit the Week 4 Assignment via Blackboard by clicking on the “Week 4 Assignment” link.
· Include the proper file naming convention: