- To prepare:
- Examine a minimum of three organizations that have published descriptions about a health care information technology project. Review the Individual Project Overview document for the full details of this Assignment.
Write a 2- to 4-page paper in APA format with 3 references from the list provided which include the following level one headings:
- Briefly describe the health care organizations selected for use in this paper, including your rationale for selecting the organizations.
- Offer perspectives on the use of formal project management in health care organizations, with a focus on health care information technology projects.
- Synthesize insights on how project goals (outcomes, metrics of success, expectations for improving work products) and project administration (project charters, stakeholder involvement, activities, scheduling, costs, etc.) are addressed in the projects implemented in your selected health care organizations.
- Compare your insights from the articles with information from project management literature about project goals and project administration. Be sure that the comparisons you make are clear to the reader.
- Explain how your insights into these aspects of project management will impact your ability to successfully manage health care information technology projects.
- Synthesize your findings from the literature in regards to present evidence, best practices, or standards.
This assignment is due by Friday 9/30/16 by 12pm
Biafore, B. (2010). Microsoft Project 2010: The missing manual. Sebastopol, CA: O’Reilly.
Chapter 2, “Planning a Project” (pp. 39–57)
This chapter supplies a brief introduction on project planning. The chapter describes the contents of a project plan along with the process of creating relevant documents.
Coplan, S., & Masuda, D. (2011). Project management for healthcare information technology. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Chapter 5, “Change Management” (pp. 193–237)
In this chapter, the authors review change management knowledge areas. The authors describe a variety of analysis methods applicable to change management processes and outputs.
Project Management Institute. (2013). A guide to the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK guide) (5th ed.). Newtown Square, PA: Author.