- Think about the final project topic you selected in Week 1.
Final Project Topics
Choose one of the following:
· Habits (their development and/or perpetuation)
· Risk-taking behavior
· Academic achievement (success and/or challenges)
· Post-traumatic stress disorder
· Healthy intimate relationships
· Group affiliations (e.g., religious, political, friendships, special interests)
· Pain management
· Occupational success and/or challenges
· Stereotypes (e.g., gender, racial, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status)
- Select two theories you will address in your final project.
- When selecting two theories, consider whether each theory could:
- explain the origins and development of your topic
- be used to develop strategies or programs to benefit human development relevant to your topic
- address cultural differences or diversity considerations relevant to your topic
- meet the characteristics of a good theory relevant to your topic
- Keep in mind that the theories you select might not meet all these criteria; you will discuss the strengths and limitations of the theories as part of your final project.