This is what I have done at my internship. This can help with the reference letter. I have also attached a document of my internship log what I have done each day
BARNES JEWISH HOSPITAL
Patient Registrar in Radiation Oncology/Proton Therapy Internship 01/2018-03/2018
· Performs a variety of clerical tasks to process patients for their radiation appointments.
· Interviews and registers patients and compassionately interacting with patients and their families.
· See patients in clients in clinic who are candidates for radiation therapy. Talk with psychiatrists about how to deal with patients and their thoughts and different techniques to relax.
· Learn new treatments to help patients. Interacted with families who needed assistance with places to stay while their loved one are in the hospital.
· Proficient on the hospital registration and multiple ancillary computer systems. Registers, verifies insurance, checks insurance eligibility, scans and retrieves documents in Soarian, Aria, and Outlook.
· Meeting and working with social workers because they play an important role in meeting the overall goals of the multidisciplinary oncology team caring for cancer patients and their families. Social workers help bridge the gap between high-level medical care and the patient’s every day, practical human needs. Social workers attend to the psychosocial support of patients and their families.
Internship Reference Letter Instructions
The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate your experience at the internship site, as well as to evaluate what you have learned. The goal is to demonstrate an ability to “speak” to potential employers about the types of professional experiences that you have had at this site and to potential employees/interns about what they might expect from this site.
Based on what you think that you learned and experienced within the internship, write a 1-page letter of reference for the internship site.
Make sure to:
· Mention the type of site, population, and services provided.
· Explain your experiences.
· Identify what you learned.
· Indicate whether or not you would recommend this site to another intern and why.
Share this letter with your supervisor for feedback if you feel comfortable doing so.
You will be graded upon your ability to:
- Evaluate an internship site.
- Communicate clearly and effectively and to thus “present” yourself well.
- Persuade another potential intern.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the “language” of the field (current APA).
Your Internship Reference Letter is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 14.