Guidelines with Scoring Rubric
Within the profession of nursing, multiple theories, models, and conceptual frameworks have been created to serve as a foundation for practice. The purpose of this assignment is to appraise the value of the model in serving as a theoretical framework and apply the model to your selected area of future professional nursing practice (your MSN track). For this assignment, you will select one of the following nursing models to address within the paper: the Patient-Centred Nursing (PCN) Framework or the Chamberlain Care Model.
Through this assessment, the student will meet the following Course Outcomes:
· Apply nursing theory as a framework to guide the translation of knowledge and implementation of evidence-based practice in future professional settings. (CO #2)
· Analyze theories from nursing and relevant fields with respect to the components, relationships among the components, and application to advanced nursing practice. (CO#4)
Total Points Possible
This assessment is worth 175 points.
Submit your file(s) by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday at the end of Week 5.
Criteria for Content
Select one of the two models presented in the week five lesson (either the Person-Centred Nursing Framework, or the Chamberlain Care Model).
1. In a three- to four-page scholarly paper, address the following:
a. Provide a succinct overview of the model you have selected and discuss how the selected model addresses the four concepts within the nursing metaparadigm (person, health, nursing, environment).
b. Discuss how the selected model qualifies as a theoretical framework within the profession of nursing, and its use within the profession.
c. Describe how the chosen model can be applied in the future APN role (education, executive, family nurse practitioner, healthcare policy, or nursing informatics).
Preparing the paper
1. Application: Use Microsoft Word 2013™ to create the written assessment.
2. Length: The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) is at least three and no more than four pages in length.
3. A minimum of four (4) scholarly literature sources must be used.
4. Submission: Submit your file to the Canvas course site by the due date/time indicated.
Best Practices in Preparing the Project
The following are best practices in preparing this project.
1. Review directions thoroughly.
2. Follow submission requirements.
3. Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included.
4. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
5. Title page, running head, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.
6. Ideas and information that come from scholarly literature must be cited and referenced correctly.
7. A minimum of four (4) scholarly literature references must be used.
8. Abide by CCN academic integrity policy.