Create a PowerPoint presentation of at least six slides that could be given in a professional context. The presentation will analyze a simulated case study of a multicultural conflict that could potentially occur within your psychology specialization.
Note: You are strongly encouraged to complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
After analyzing one’s multifaceted cultural identity and biases, the next step toward multicultural competency is to plan how you can use best practices to minimize the negative impact of these factors on professional relationships.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 3: Evaluate multicultural influences on ethics for psychologists.
- Case Overview: Create a scenario (based on one’s psychology specialization) that presents a cultural conflict.
- Best Practices: Analyze how best practices cited in scholarly research articles could help a cultural conflict.
- Competency 4: Analyze multicultural issues in psychology and the importance of multicultural competency in the profession.
- Cultural Difference: Analyze how cultural differences could contribute to a conflict.
- Biases: Describe one’s past or present biases toward others of different cultures.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the psychological professions.
- Communication: Write clearly, with correct spelling, grammar, syntax, and good organization, following APA style standards.
- Create a simulated (or fictional) case study, concerning a cultural conflict between yourself, working in your area of specialization, and some person or persons, agency/business, or institution. Several points of cultural difference must exist between you and the others involved in this conflict. While the details of your case will be fictional, it must be entirely believable and realistic.
- Download and use the Multicultural Case Study Template, linked in Required Resources. Do not submit a paper for this assessment. Papers will not be graded. You will complete this assessment by replacing all language that is enclosed with brackets […] in the PowerPoint with your own words.
- For guidance on PowerPoint design, you may read PowerPoint Design Suggestions and view Guidelines for Effective PowerPoint Presentations, linked in Suggested Resources.
- For guidance in the basics of using PowerPoint, you may refer to the basic tasks in PowerPoint guides, linked in Suggested Resources. If after reviewing this material you need more help using PowerPoint, contact your FlexPath coach.