I have learned that various elements contribute to development over the lifespan. Furthermore, you are now aware that numerous factors that shape one’s personality are present. How can you use this newly acquired knowledge to positively shape future generations?
For this assignment, you are going to write a letter to your son or daughter that you will present to him or her on the child’s 21st birthday. If your child is already over 21, imagine back to when he or she was born. If you do not plan to have children, you may write the letter to a child who is important in your life: a niece, nephew, or friend’s child, for example. Within your letter, you must discuss the following items:
- When and why did you decide to have the child? If writing to a child that is not your own, describe why the child is important to you.
- What are the most important qualities for a parent to have, and why?
- What personal characteristics do you hope your young adult son or daughter will possess, and why?
- How did you attempt to influence the child’s physical, motor, cognitive, moral, social, personality, and sex-role development? Give specific examples in each area while detailing how each one will influence your young adult’s future actions and decision-making abilities.
- Identify cultural influences that could affect your son’s or daughter’s motivation and drive.
In your letter, incorporate research from the textbook to explain how you have sought to positively influence your son or daughter’s development. 1 page minimum