can you help me to finish this assignment with good quality and be on time please?
t e research and critical thinking to describe a contemporary drug use issue, including legislation, policies, messages, attitudes, affected populations and prevalence of use.t
There is a example of the assignment attached.
A. Drug Use Issues
Choose a current issue in the news or new or proposed legislation regarding a drug discussed in Chapters 1-4. For example, the city of San Diego decided to allow both cultivation and distribution of recreational marijuana. In another example, the federal Department of Health and Human Services is investigating why insurance companies make opioids more accessible than other pain treatments by making opioids less expensive.
Use what you learned from the article/news report, from Chapters 1-4 in your textbook and from at least two additional academic sources to answer the following 8 questions. You need to obtain information from your additional sources to be able to answer these questions and not just use the one article you chose.
1. ARTICLE/NEWS REPORT: Give a very brief summary of what the article says.
A.What messages is this article/report giving?
b. What conflicting or mixed messages are being given about this issue to the public?
3. RESTRICTIVE LEGISLATION: What restrictive legislation or policies exist regarding this issue? (Cite your source)
4. ATITUDES: What are the present-day attitudes related to this issue? (Cite your source)
POPULATIONS: See handout below on how to report on populations. (Cite your source)
a. Does this issue have a greater impact on certain population?
b. Which ones (age, region, ethnicity, socioeconomic level or other)?
5. PREVALENCE: What is the prevalence of use of this substance (most recent year available) in your city or state? You will need to look up the prevalence. See handout on how to report on prevalence, below. (Cite your source)
6. VIOLENCE: Is this substance associated with violence or crime (pharmacological, economically compulsive or systemic – see pages 38-39 of text book)? (Cite your source)
7. OPINION: What is your opinion on this issue and why? (For example, do you agree with the proposed legislation or policy change? What do you think about increasing or decreasing access to the substance?) You do not need any citations here but you may include them if you want.
FORMAT: Use these headings to make sure you don’t leave anything out (See sample post)
1. ARTICLE/NEWS REPORT:
3. RESTRICTIVE LEGISLATION:
· Because this is college, you need to use at least TWO academic sources: from government reports or scholarly/peer-reviewed journal articles. This will give you experience doing academic research. You can use the course textbook or other sources as additional sources, but they will not count as one of the two required sources. Read the handout (below) on scholarly sources.
· Use the NU library to find your sources. If you don’t know how, contact the NU library for help.
· Use your OWN WORDS (e.g., do not cut and paste from an article).
· Do NOT use any quotations. Paraphrase (use your own words) to report the information.
· Use in-text citations. Write the source of your information at the end of the applicable sentences using APA 6th edition format. This will give you practice using APA to cite references.
· List all the references in APA 6th Edition format at the end of your post in a References list.
NOTE: If you are new to APA, I recommend that you use an online citation builder such as APA Style Central http://apastylecentral.apa.org.nuls.idm.oclc.org/ or the NU library database to automatically format your references correctly. You can also get help from the Writing Center https://nu.mywconline.com/ and the NU library on how to use APA to cite references.
READ THE DISCUSSION RUBRIC BEFORE YOU START. COMPARE WHAT YOU WRITE WITH THE RUBRIC. READ THE SAMPLE POST BEFORE YOU START.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT submit your first draft. First, read what you wrote out loud. Check for:
– Missing words or letters
– Missing or misplaced periods, apostrophes, commas
– Incomplete sentences
– 2 or more sentences strung together that should be made into separate sentences
– Putting something is past tense that should be in present tense or vice versa
– Plural words that should be singular or singular words that should be plural
– Making the verb and subject match (plural or tense)
AFTER you make these corrections, then post your discussion.
Then post 2 responses to other student posts, at least 5-6 full sentences long. You do not need to include any citations in your responses, but you can if you would like.
HOW TO REPORT ON PREVALENCE AND POPULATIONS:
Those of you who are not majoring in public health may not have had experience reporting about prevalence or populations. When you are asked to report the prevalence of use of a certain drug, it means something specific. You will need to look it up. Below are some sources where you can find this information.
For statistics on drug, alcohol or tobacco use in your city, county, state and region, or nationwide:
· The University of Michigan Monitoring the Future Study http://monitoringthefuture.org – Results of an annual survey of adolescent drug use appear in mid-December of each year.
· The National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) http://samhsa.gov
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/drug-use-illegal.htm
· Healthy People 2020 – Healthy People 2020 (select the topic area of interest, e.g., substance abuse or tobacco.)- https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/data-search/Search-the-Data#topic-area=3500
What is Prevalence? https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/what-is-prevalence.shtml
· Prevalence is the proportion of a population who have a specific characteristic in a given time period.