· Chapter 4: “Clinically Appraising Knowledge for Clinical Decision Making”
· Chapter 5: “Clinically Appraising Quantitative Evidence for Clinical Decision Making”
· Chapter 6: “Clinically Appraising Qualitative Evidence for Clinical Decision Making”
Please retrieve and read the following Journal articles from the Library and/or Course Documents. Articles can be located through a search in the CINAHL database, OVID database, the Library (links to these are located under the Student Resources in Course Resources) or by using the link at the end of the reference if provided.
O’Mathuna, D. P., (2010). The role of systematic review. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 16(2), 205–207.
O’Mathuna, D. P. (2010b). Critical appraisal of systematic reviews. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 16(4), 414–418. (located under Course Documents)
Stevens, K. R. (2001). Systematic reviews: The heart of evidence-based practice. AACN Clinical Issues, 12(4), 529–538.
Access the NCQA site and review quality measurements that are used in healthcare. This site will provide practical application review for you on how evidence is translated into practice.
It is expected that you will spend at least 2 hours reviewing this resource.
· National Committee on Quality Assurance. 2015. Quality Measurement Products. Retrieved from http://www.ncqa.org/HEDISQualityMeasurement/QualityMeasurementProducts.aspx
1. Review the Clinical Case scenario 5.2 on page 111.
2. Think about how you would start researching the question.
3. Present your strategy in Discussion Topic 2 for peer and instructor feedback.